Life at Googong Township
Table of Contents
Since Googong Village got its first inhabitants in 2014, it has mushroomed into a fun and happening town. It’s country feel, green outdoors and trendy marketplaces are what’s driving up the population and the prices!
ABM Homes has been involved in Googong for a long time. We have both Display homes and House and Land Packages in the area.
As we are a part of the development of Googong, we’ve created this small guide as a snapshot on life in Googong Township for potential homebuyers.
Location of Googong Township
Googong is located on the border of ACT and New South Wales. Due to this, it has easy access to a lot of amazing places in both regions.
It is just 25 km away from Canberra Town Center. It borders Jerrabomberra and Karabar on the north and Environa on the west. It is about 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) south of the Queanbeyan central business district.
The easiest way to reach is via Google Maps. Just click on the link, and you’ll be there in no time.
Vision behind Googong Township
Googong is a joint venture between the real estate companies Peet Limited and Mirvac. The plan involves eventually having 6500 homes. That means it’s going to be a full-fledged community.
Considering the size and scale, the developers have set up high standards, so that the community is both sustainable and future-proof.
It has won the award for Best Masterplanned Community at the Urban Design Institute of Australia NSW awards in 2019 and the winner for Best Marketing in 2021.
Some special things about Googong are:
- Green star accreditation: Googong is 5 Star accredited until 2026.
- Multiple schools: Googong currently has three schools with more on the way. They cater to students of every age, from kindergarten to seniors.
- Water Recycling plant: Water is used for non-potable uses such as gardening or toilets
- Reconophalt roads: Recycled material has been used for a car park and is scheduled to be used for more roads in the future.
Googong Township opening hours
In Googong, our sites are open for viewing from 10 am to 4 pm from Monday to Sunday.
Before visiting and checking out our Display or House and Land Packages in Googong, visitors have you have to book an appointment.
The appointment has to be made to be made at least a day in advance. You can book it by emailing our team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Living in Googong - Life's a fest
Here are some of the main highlights of life in Googong:
- Nature’s bounty: There are several trails where you can go bush walking or biking on the weekends. There are options for everyone; small walks and adventures are both an option.
- Googong Dam Foreshore: Fed by the Queanbeyan River and numerous creeks, it is by far the largest water body in the ACT region. It is ideal for picnics or water activities like fishing or going sailing/kayaking.
- Fun Events: Googong has become very famous and sought for it’s amazing events. Goo Gala, Googfest and Boogong are all well filled with amazing performers, with entertainment and shopping options for families.
- Googong North Village Center: Currently the biggest shopping center in the area, it is filled with something for everyone. Upscale dining, supermarket, pharmacies, salons – It’s got it all. It is great for a day or night out, suitable for both families with kids looking for pizza and ice-cream, as well as trendy pubs and bars for date night.
Display home by ABM at Googong
Display Homes are the first serious step in actual buying a home. Future residents can get a taste of life in Googong and check out their options.
Our project in Googong, The Harmony is located in Googong countryside, rather than in the Display. It has been conceptualized, designed, and built by the ABM Homes Team.
Its key features include customizable floor plans for different block sizes, both single-storey and double-storey homes.
Why choose ABM Homes?
We are established home builders in New South Wales. This means we are well acquainted with the rules and regulations you’ll have to deal with when building a home in NSW.
To find out how you can visit and have a look at our project in Googong – the Harmony, feel free to contact our team, and we’ll be with you ASAP.
Plan Your Future with ABM Homes Today!
ABM Homes is one of the most innovative and experienced home builders in the ACT region, sculpting your dreams to reality.