A Guide to Elm Groove Estate
Table of Contents
Bungendore Village is one of the most popular day trip locations for folks living in Canberra or Queanbeyan. Elm Grove Estate is being developed close to this historic town, and is set to give its residents the country life at an affordable price.
As development begins, there is a massive increase in interest from potential homebuyers, due to both the price and lifestyle on offer.
As ABM Homes is one of the builders offering House and Land Packages in Elm Grove we’ve created a small guide to give you an insight into the masterplan for this new subdivision – and how its going so far.
Location of Elm Grove Estate
Elm Grove is located in the Queanbeyan–Palerang Regional Council(QPRC) region in NSW, on the border of the ACT and New South Wales.
It is close to both Canberra and Queanbeyan, giving it access to two big cities.
In terms of distance, it is 27 km from Queanbeyan and around 40 km from Canberra. Even Sydney is around 280 km, just a 3-hour drive away.
Vision behind Elm Grove Estate
Bungendore is historic, getting its first resident way back in 1824 and officially becoming a village in 1837. Since then, it has gone through multiple phases, eventually becoming famous for its wines, art and crafts studios and cafes.
It was once even in consideration to be the site for becoming Australia’s capital!
The QPRC’s plan to speed up Bungendore’s growth means Elm Grove Estate is being developed with a set target – to increase the population of the area from the current 4500+ to roughly 12000 residents in the upcoming years.
The master plan was passed by the QPRC in 2020.
This estate is set to be built in 3 stages – the first stage has seen 300 lots open up so far. Each lot is BIG – between 850 m2 to 1600 m2. The frontage has been set at 20m.
All the lots will be held as freehold, which means less building restrictions than if you were building in Canberra or Queanbeyan.
It is set to have a village atmosphere, even though Canberra and the city are so close by.
Some special planned and completed features at Elm Grove Estate are:
- Green walking path
- BBQ recreation area
- Feature pond
- Undercover gazebos
- Landscaped amphitheatre:
Life in Elm Grove Estate
This area is set to have a ton of amazing perks, such as:
- The perfect day out: Bungendore has several cafes, antique shops and other tourist attraction. That means better weekend as you have close access to places to chill out, dine and party. As it’s an established travel location, you can just sit back and enjoy.
- A healthier way to live: As Bungendore has a healthy hobby farming tradition, Sunday shopping is a delight! You will be forced to stop and smell the flowers, and the produce! In the winters, you can even buy truffles of the highest quality.
- Schools and playgrounds : Bungendore High School became operational in early 2023 and is set to be completed and expanded in the coming years.
- Bungendore Sports Hub: Located close to Elm Grovbe Estate, it is currently under construction . It is set to have multiple sports fields, tennis courts, an aquatic center and amenities like a sports club and canteen.
- A historical treat: The Bungendore Wood Works Gallery, The Carrignton Inn and Gibraltar Street are just the tip of the iceberg. There are a lot of historical places to satiate your inner culture hound.
Display home by ABM at Elm Grove Estate - Newgate
Due to the larger lot sizes on offer at Elm Grove, those currently living in the ACT can take advantage of buying a huge lot at huge discounts.
With lots this big, there is less scope for compromise. Not only can you build big, you can have space left over for a veggie garden, playing areas and more.
Elm Grove Estate is set to have 10 Display homes on offer, and we are proud that ABM’s Newgate will be one of them. It is set to be a blend of the latest construction and sustainability measures, something we are known for.
Our Display Home in Elm Grove, the Newgate once completed will also showcase the upsizing potential the area possesses.
We also have a bunch of House and Land Packages in Elm Grove, as well as ACT and NSW.
While you wait for Elm Grove to get going, contact our team today, so we can help you with getting started with your dream home in the ACT.
Plan Your Future with ABM Homes Today!
ABM Homes is one of the most innovative and experienced home builders in the ACT region, sculpting your dreams to reality.